Okay this is out of the ordinary for me but it was something that I was thinking about at work tonight. A girl I used to work with named Kayla just had another baby. This is her third child and she will be 22 this year. Now I'm not against people having kids young or having a whole baseball team worth of children, as long as they can afford to take care of them.
Now Kayla and her husband Matt (who is also 22) have a 4 year old, a 2 year old and now this new baby. The last I heard they were in Florida and so broke they had to borrow money to stay at a cheapo motel (one where I have no doubt rented rooms by the hour). Now however they are back in Stevens Point and he is playing softball (again I don't care but if you can't afford a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, what the fridge are you playing softball for?). She isn't working and he works at Best Buy.
So it really bugs me that people at work expect me to just say oh congratulations on your newest little baby son of a bitch and so on. Well I can't. I state that I don't think they were ready to have another baby when they can't afford themselves let alone the two kids they already had.
Do you notice this trend? People who are can barely afford the essentials like food, clothing and shelter have like 800 kids? Why are they so fertile? Is it because they don't eat?
It really does boggle my mind...perhaps you can explain it to me?
Well that is my thought.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Just a thought...
Posted by Here's Amy at 2:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I wish I could explain that one to you. I know people just like that. Unfortunately they are kin to me, at least by marriage. I've had to be the one to take care said children at different points and it does piss me off, too. Maybe one day someone will do something to outlaw it. Wouldn't some kind of birth control, any kind, be cheaper than to keep popping out babies?
Just like a driver's license, I think everyone should have to take classes (parenting, money, etc) before you can have a kid. If you don't and you have a kid anyway, the kid goes to parents who have passed the tests and can not have their own or want to adopt.
The birth parents will have NO rights what so ever when it comes to the kids.
Post a Comment